Yolla Khalife :
- Born in Jezzine (South of Lebanon)
- Her love for music and singing was known since childhood
- Impressed by religious songs and popular celebrations in the village
- Pursued her studies in philosophy at the Lebanese University in Beirut, singing with a group of young people “Mouachahat” and heritage melodies.
- Participated in the creation of the group “Al Mayadine “in Beirut in 1977 with Marcel Khalife (composer, musician and interpreter) with whom she founded a family and gave birth for 2 children Rami and Bachar.
From 1978 until 1980, Yolla was singing with the group in many festivals such as “The Democratic Youth Festival” in Cuba and Berlin, and “Carthage Festival” in Tunisia.
- After 1980 Yolla took a distance from her artistic activity until she came back in 2000 with the same group.
- From 2000 till 2013:She participated at many Arabic, European and American tours and also different Lebanese and international festivals:
- “Jarash” Festival in Jordan.
- Tours in Tunisia, Morocco, Qatar, , United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Soudan and Syria.
- “ Beit El Ddine” and Tyre Festivals ( Lebanon )
- International Book Fair ( Frankfurt)
- Bozar Theater ( Brussels )
- “Salle de L’Unesco” and Salle “Pleyel” ( Paris)
- Opera House (Cairo- Egypt )
- “ Arabesque” Festival ( Kennedy Center Washington )
- “ Fez” Festival for sacred music ( Morocco )
- “ Barbican “ theater ( London )
- “ World Trade Center “ ( Dubai )
At the same time of her activity with the group “Al Mayadine”, she developed her own taste and conception for art.
She combined the singing with the body expression, making the art the language of the soul ,which allowed her to go solo in:
- “Centre du Marais”,” Cabaret Sauvage”, “Institute of Arab World”,” Centre Pompidou” ( Paris )
- “La Fete de l’Humanite” ( La Courneuve ), “Les rencontres Culturelles du Riquet “( south of France )
- Health International Film Festival in “ Odeum Kos island “ ( Greece )
- “World Music Festival” in Bitola, Skopje Museum( Macedonia )
- “Janackovy Hukvaldy Festival” ( Czech Republic )
- Other musical and dance spectacles with “ Centre de Dances Orientales “ in Paris and the company “Danse Ma Joie”
- In 2007-2008 Yolla participated at “Hey don’t forget the Cumin” with the director Hala Al Abdallah,who also directed a documentary about Yolla for “France Culture” & Deutschland” radios.
- December 2015 concert at IMA (Paris) celebrating the International Arabic Language Day
- March 2017 “Sawti” play at Monot theater Beirut, with Soraya Baghdadi & Nadra Assaf. Directed by: Chadi El Zein
Yolla enriched her vocal experience with Selima Al Khalaf, Catherine Estourelle, Lesle Akl, Mary Mahfouz and the singers Aicha Redouane & Ranine Chaar.